Guidelines for Bipolar World ONLINE
The goal of all interactive pages within the Bipolar World ONLINE community is the comfort and safety of all who choose to participate:
- Treat each other with respect, treat each other as you would like to be treated yourself. Hostility or harassment will not be tolerated.
- Every member is entitled to the level of privacy the member chooses. Share only what you feel comfortable sharing.
- The Forums section has provided areas for your individual needs, from lighthearted topics to heavier subject matter. Please keep posts in the related areas provided.
- If you are suicidal, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (US) at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or if you're at immediate risk, call 9-1-1.
- For posts containing difficult or trigger topics such as self-injury, abuse, alcohol, etc., please add *** TRIGGER *** to the header of your post. It is important that we remember not to share threatening plans for the safety of others. Instead call for help.
- While we recognize strong language can be useful communication, in particular, when venting. Please use discretion. If there is a problem with a member's use of such language, management will work with members on a reasonable solution.
- As non-professionals we cannot, and must not, give medical advice including encouraging people to change and/or add a medication etc.
- We reserve the right to remove users from any area of the site for violating any of the above guidelines or for any other behavior which is deemed to be inappropriate. Continued violations may result in more restrictive permissions, up to removal of the user's account.
- Be mindful not to engage in controversial subject matter which fuels debate and/or outright arguments. Examples of this type of subject matter is religion, politics, etc. Everyone has their own opinions and/or beliefs. Please be respectful.
- Finally, we retain the right to update and revise these guidelines as we see fit.